Friday, December 30, 2016

'Forever....('til death do us part)...a new layout for 13 arts

Hi friends, I hope you are all doing well and relaxing, still enjoying the holidays:)
I've been playing with the 'His & Hers' 13 arts collection again, and I was inspired by the 
rich, warm tones in these papers, especially the deep reds, and I was moved to create something
dark and mysterious.

'Forever....('til death do us part)'


I carefully tore up and fussy cut a piece of the paper 'A Piece of Her' so that I had a nice long strip of those beautiful red roses which I glued down the middle. I also glued down the other piece of that same paper I had tore and I love how it made an interesting way to layer the papers up and let that beautiful dark butterfly paper show through.


I created my background by covering the whole page with 13 arts clear gesso to seal the paper and then I used some Rainbow Watercolor Duo in brown and some 13 arts ink in 'Woodbine' to add some color. Then I layered on a few pieces of antique black lace, some Prima flowers, and some little pinecones.


I had been seeing some different girls work with some really cool what looked like
threads? and I finally figured out what it is! It's called 'sisal' and after looking in several
craft stores I finally found a big bag in the floral section of Hobby Lobby. I added some to my 
page and I love the look it gave, I might try to spray some with black ink too :)

For a full list of 13 arts products used on this page, please check out my blog post here.
And don't forget to check out the 13 arts online store here.


Thanks for dropping by,
Hugs, Lisa xo

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - how cool! Such a striking page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love this dramatic and powerful look! Can I ask you where from you get a photos like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh,the photo is so mysterious, and you worked your layering magic tk add drama to bring it all togethet seamlessly. I find it a coincidence that i also just finished a "dark/mysterious" piece of art too. Hope to see more of this genre from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...